Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Traditions :: Christmas {part 1}

If you follow me on Instagram, you saw how I am going to post about one of our Christmas Traditions every Tuesday until Christmas. That's on 4 Tuesdays, people! Wow! 
If this is your first time here, welcome! You will find mostly posts about designs & products, but I'm hoping to start doing a bigger mix of posts, so I hope you keep checking back!

The first tradition is our avent/countdown calendar. 
This was one of my favorite things as a child & was so excited to run to it each morning. Our calendar was a had spots just the right size for a stick of gum & my favorite was when it was a stick of Fruit Stripe gum! It's the little things, right?

My sweet parents made this board for Emma a few years ago & it is perfect! 
Just a board, with close pins mounted for each day & the number above it. We have little muslin bags to hang for each day, but you wouldn't have to even do that! My mom glued cute Christmas ribbons to the closepins to jazz them up & it's the perfect amount of color & pattern. There are so many cute ribbons or scrapbook papers that would be perfect. Or just a can of spray paint would work wonders as well. 

I don't fill it with the exact same thing each year. Last year, I had a clue leading to one of our wrapped Christmas books each day, or a note about some kind of baking or other activity we were going to do that day.  This year, December 1st snuck up on me & I wasn't quite as prepared, so it is a mix of clues that lead to books, candy, Christmas stickers, or little activities or Christmas crafts. That is one of the main things I look for on sale after Chritmas each year. Most years when I open my Christmas boxes, I have enough from the year before to fill the bags. I'm talking little treats, nothing big or expensive at all! Especially when it's bought at 1/2 off...or more!

I know most people do avent calenders...what do you put in yours? I would love new ideas for next year!
See you next Tuesday!

Check out the Christmas Card & Ornament designs below. 
Good news...the cards are still on for $10. But place your order soon!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! I love this little advent calendar as well! I think it's so fun to have a way to countdown till Santa comes! Loved doing that with you and Zach and I am glad it is a tradition you wanted to carry on with your kids! That makes my heart sing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I love this little advent calendar as well! I think it's so fun to have a way to countdown till Santa comes! Loved doing that with you and Zach and I am glad it is a tradition you wanted to carry on with your kids! That makes my heart sing!!!

    ReplyDelete